Monday, September 25, 2006

Catch up after my time in ECHO ~~~ Neuigkeiten nach meiner Zeit in Florida, Echo

Hello my friends and family September 2006
It was soooo good to see you all on my way to ECHO in Florida and on the way back to Tyler, TX. I am so grateful that God has blessed me with very wonderful friends like you! You are like a family to me! I appreciate each one of you. Thank you so much for your friendship.
YOU ARE DEFINATLY A BLESSING IN MY LIFE !!!
 
 After sitting in the greyhound bus for so long I almost lost my patience ;-) After 24 hours of riding I was already tired of sitting, but I still had 10 hours left on the bus. What was I thinking as I booked the greyhound ticket? But in the end I got to save some $ on the trip, even though it was long (this, of course, was the Missionary in me coming out :-) Nonetheless, I met same very interesting people on the bus… although maybe they thought the same about me :-)
  
 Anyway, my time at ECHO (Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization) was very good and helpful for me. I have learned so many new things; I guess the most amazing the practices of top gardening.
I wish I could have stayed longer then only 2 weeks…. Hurricane Ernesto’s wind brought Fort Myers and the ECHO campus almost 2 days of rain. Parts of the farm and plants were flooded.
 
I focused on topics like Food and Nutrition, different crops and plants, chickens, rabbits, mushrooms, and much more. These are all topics I will probably teach in Africa. If you did not receive the last newsletter, please let me know!
I will be leaving September 16th to fly to Ghana, Africa. HALLELUJAH, God provided the money to book an air ticket!
Thanks for your support!! If you would still like to be part of my support team* please see box below.
Prayer Request
1. Good transition from the IOC to the Anastasis
2. God will provide good, godly friendships
3. Wisdom, Success for the work in the Department I will be working in: Teaching Health Care and Agriculture to ‘feed His sheep’

Let me know how YOU are doing !
In HIM
Love, Jutta


Landwirtschaft September 2006
Hallo meine Lieben
Meine Zeit in Echo ist schon wieder vorüber. Ich habe sehr viel über Landwirtschaft gelernt von Pilzen angefangen über verschiedene Pflanzen, die in Afrika wachsen, Bienenzucht, usw.
Nun ist es bald soweit… Am 16. September werde ich nach Ghana, Afrika fliegen. Gott hat es Leuten aufs Herz gelegt, mir das Ticket für den Flug zu bezahlen! HALLELUJA!
Was ich in Ghana machen werde (für alle die meinen letzten Rundbrief nicht erhalten haben, bitte melde Dich bei mir!):
Ich werde anfangen im Gesundheitsteam mitzuarbeiten. Es wird meine Aufgabe sein, Frauen über verschiedene Krankheiten zu lehren (grundlegende Gesundheitsmaßnahmen, Ernährungslehre, Aids, Familienplanung, …).


Im Moment ist auch die Rede davon, in ein Gefängnis zu gehen um dort Frauen und Männern auszubilden, wie sie ihre Landsmänner trainieren können wie sie überleben können, indem sie ihren eigenen Garten anbauen und von den Früchten essen, die sie gepflanzt haben. Ganzheitliche Ernährung ist dadurch gewährleistet.

Ich werde mich wieder melden, wenn ich mich ein bisserl auf der Anastasis eingelebt habe und herausgefunden habe, was so meine tatsächlichen Aufgabengebiete sein werden.
Vielen Dank für alle Gebete und finanzielle Unterstützung. Durch die Gaben ist es mir möglich hinauszugehen und den Leuten das Evangelium zu predigen und Gottes Befehl auszuführen:


Weide meine Schafe! Im Englischen heißt es: Feed my sheep – Füttere meine Schafe (sowohl im geistlichen wie auch im körperlichen)

Bis bald
Gottes reichen Segen und Bewahrung wünscht Euch allen
Eure Jutta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, thoughts ....