I have a bit of a sniffle, since a few days. Some days it rains all day, despite of it I need to wear a skirt (because this is what women have to do and I have not brought my leggings, I could wear underneath). Even though it is 23 Degrees outside, I feel cold. At least I can wear my socks, which honestly looks a bit funny and I would probably never do in the UK or Germany: Skirt and socks.
All in all we are doing very well here in Macenta. We have started our every day once an hour language study, which is very good, because it reminds us how much we know, but as well how much we have ‘forgotten’.
Today I actually wanted to tell you about our shower. A hot shower, does that exist in Guinea? After having everything, from dripping shower, to no shower, yes … we have found it. I am not sure, who the inventor of that shower was, but it is definitely excellent. Andy loves it. We heat some water, pour it in the bucket and off we go. Hopefully Andy can construct one like it, which would be great.
Prayer requests:
Ramadan starts today: let us pray together, that God will touch the Muslim people as they try for the next 30 days so hard to connect with ‘their god’.
The ‘Call of prayer’ gets louder and longer, as we can hear it every morning starting at 4 am.
God says in Acts 2:17-21 (the same is mentioned in Joel 2:28-32):
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out mu Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
One of my favourite Psalms right now is: Psalm 89. When the mosques start, and I can’t sleep, like last morning, I get up and read that Psalm.
God’s wisdom in how to speak with Muslims during this time
For good health in general and Gods protection
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message, thoughts ....